Trail Blazer 5k/10k
Thanks to All Who Participated!
We had over 900 participants register and join in the fun on Sunday, October 20th. Thank you to all who participated in the race or volunteered to make things run smoothly! We are working on processing results, photos, and so forth, so please be patient while we work on those details. Updates will be posted here and sent out to all those that we have valid email addresses for.
Leftover Shirts for Sale
We have a number of the 2013 Under Armour Trail Blazer shirts leftover, and are making them available for purchase. Visit the Get a T-Shirt page to get yours today!
Race results may be viewed by clicking one of the links below:
Race day photos are being uploaded to our Flickr page. We're still working on obtaining photos from other photographers who were at the event, and we will share them when they're available.
Fort Wayne Trails will be hosting the Blazer 5k/10k race on Sunday, October 20th, 2013 at 2 PM, starting and ending at Summit Middle School on Homestead Road. The 5k route will be entirely on the trails, and the 10k route will be 80% on trails. Help support the development of more area trails by joining in the fun!
Summit Middle School
4509 Homestead Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46814
Race day registration begins Sunday, October 20th at 11:30 AM.
Packet pick-up is on race day Sunday from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM at Summit Middle School.
First 1,000 registratants will receive an Under Armour racing shirt (while sizes last) and goody bag worth over $85 in retail value.
Shoe timing chips will be used to ensure accurate times for all runners. Chips will be administered ON race day. There is a replacement fee for unreturned chips.
Competitive athletes in wheelchairs and people with disabilities and special needs are welcome! Contact email@example.com to discuss how we can best assist you.
NOTE: Dogs, in-line skates, skateboards, and electronic devices are not allowed on the running course! Strollers are allowed for the 5k participants. Course closes at 4 PM.
Awards for Runners: To the top male and female finishers in each age group and for the overall top three males and females. Multiple random prize drawings will be awarded. Only 5K and 10K registrants are eligible for Racing Shirt, Goody Bag and Awards.
Race Start Times: The Kids' fun run will begin at 1:30 PM. The 10k and 5k races will be staggered, with the 10k beginning at 2 PM and the 5k beginning at 2:05 PM.
This year, we've added the opportunity for companies, charities, and groups of friends to register as a team! Teams will get a few added perks:
- The team with the highest number of participants will receive a plaque
- A VIP line at packet pickup will be dedicated to teams, speeding up the packet pickup process
- Team members will receive an extra goodie (minimum of 5 team members in order to receive the extra goodie; must be registered by October 6th.)
- Group photo opportunity (hi-res photo will be emailed to the team's participants)
To register a team:
- Decide on your group name. For example, you could put XYZ Corp or Smith Family
- Register your teammates through online registration or paper forms. Under "Corporate or Charity Partner Code", put your team name.
- If some or all of your teammates have already registered, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the registered runners and the team name to have them reassigned to your group.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com for more information.
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org