Trail Blazer 5k/10k
Results and Photos
Thanks to the more than 670 of you that registered for this year's event! We're starting to process the results of the race, and will be sharing the information as we have it. Photos haven't arrived yet, but we do have the race results below. Thank you again for your support!
Extra Racing Shirts Available!
You can make a donation to receive an extra shirt from yesterday's race and have it delivered right to your door! Visit our page at Square's marketplace to make a donation and get your shirt today.
Fort Wayne Trails will be hosting the Blazer 5k/10k race on Sunday, October 19th, 2014 at 2 PM, starting and ending at Summit Middle School on Homestead Road. The 5k route will be entirely on the trails, and the 10k route is nearly 75% on trails. Help support the development of more area trails by joining in the fun!
Summit Middle School
4509 Homestead Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46814
Race day registration begins Sunday, October 19th at 11:30 AM.
First 1,000 registratants will receive an Under Armour racing shirt (while sizes last) and goody bag.
Shoe timing chips will be used to ensure accurate times for all runners. Chips will be administered ON race day. There is a replacement fee for unreturned chips.
Competitive athletes in wheelchairs and people with disabilities and special needs are welcome! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can best assist you.
NOTE: Dogs, in-line skates, skateboards, and electronic devices are not allowed on the running course! Strollers are allowed for the 5k participants. Course closes at 4 PM.
Awards for Runners: To the top male and female finishers in each age group and for the overall top three males and females. Multiple random prize drawings will be awarded. Only 5K and 10K registrants are eligible for Racing Shirt, Goody Bag and Awards.
Race Start Times: The Kids' fun run will begin at 1:30 PM. The 10k and 5k races will be staggered, with the 10k beginning at 2 PM and the 5k beginning at 2:05 PM.
This year, we're pleased to be hosting packet pickup the day before race day on Saturday, October 18th, 2014 for your convenience. Pickup will be at Fleet Feet Sports, located at 5661 Coventry Lane, Fort Wayne, IN from 12 PM to 6 PM. If you are unable to come on Saturday, you can still pick up your packet on race day: Sunday, October 19, 11:30 - 1:30 at Summit Middle School.
This year, we've added the opportunity for companies, charities, and groups of friends to register as a team! Teams will get a few added perks:
- The team with the highest number of participants will receive a plaque
- A VIP line at packet pickup will be dedicated to teams, speeding up the packet pickup process
- Team members will receive an extra goodie (minimum of 5 team members in order to receive the extra goodie)
- Group photo opportunity (hi-res photo will be emailed to the team's participants)
To register a team:
- Decide on your group name. For example, you could put XYZ Corp or Smith Family
- Register your teammates through online registration or paper forms. Under "Team Challenge", put your team name.
- If some or all of your teammates have already registered, contact email@example.com with the names of the registered runners and the team name to have them reassigned to your group.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information, contact us at: email@example.com